UIA is a mutual insurance company with over 100 years' experience of providing great value, high quality insurance to members of selected trade unions and other not-for-profit organisations. Our services are also available to the general public hoping to benefit from our competitive premiums and wide cover on home insurance, travel insurance, pet insurance and car insurance. Being mutual means we are owned by our policyholders; which enables us to keep premiums low, provide excellent products and employ highly trained staff.
Insurance with principles
Our approach has inspired the trust of our customers and the people we work with. It is what every one of our customers expects from us, and what we expect from ourselves. But how does this translate into our everyday business practices?
Putting principles to work at UIA
- Our service - personal service with excellence. Our customer service team always give customers the time they need on the phone; there is no pressure on them to keep calls short and they can deal with any enquiry, from underwriting to claims to account queries.
- Our products - answering our customers' needs, exceeding their expectations
- Our partners - sharing a principled approach to business. We only work with partners and suppliers who have similar values to us.
- Our staff - bringing our values and beliefs to life. We offer tailored training and learning programmes and encourage staff to develop new skills to achieve their full potential.
- Our community - the importance of looking outward. We support many different initiatives including the NASUWT Young Activist of the Year Award through to UIAs own Charitable Foundation.
- Our governance - being accountable to our customers and regulators. We will always work closely with partners to promote our industry and the markets within which we operate. We always act responsibly and in a manner that is accountable to our customers and regulators.
Investors in People
At UIA we trust our people to put our principles into practice and help us achieve our collective business goals. We care about the personal development and success of everyone who works at UIA and in light of this we are proud to have achieved and recently retained the nationally recognised Investors in People status. For more information please visit www.investorsinpeople.co.uk.
UIA's mutual status
As a mutual insurance company we are proud to be members of the International Co-operative and Mutual Insurance Federation and the Association of Financial Mutuals.