UIA Motor Insurance is arranged and administered by Autonet Insurance Services Ltd.
If you have had an accident and need to make a claim, call our experienced claim handlers on 0800 9537 537, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
If you are involved in an accident then you must:
- Stop and exchange details with the third party involved. This is a legal requirement if you are involved in an accident resulting in someone being injured or if you are unable to exchange particulars with the third party, you must inform the police within 24 hours.
- Give your name and the vehicle owner's name and address and registration number to anyone having reasonable grounds to require them. Your insurance company will not want you to make any statements admitting fault or liability to the third party.
- You should obtain the name and address of the owner of the other vehicle(s) involved along with the registration number(s) and the name(s) of their insurers.
- You should obtain the names and addresses of independent witnesses, if any. If the police attend, you should obtain the police officer's name, number and station.
- Try to show, through a sketch, details of width of road, position of vehicles involved and of any traffic, skid marks, positions of road signs, traffic islands, turnings, etc.
- If driving a vehicle owned or leased by an organisation, all accidents must be reported to the organisation's head or nominated person and an accident report form completed, even if the vehicle is not damaged.
- You should also comply with the above even if you were not directly involved in the accident but the presence of your vehicle on the road may have been a factor in the accident.
UIA Motor Insurance is arranged and administered by Autonet Insurance Services Ltd. Registered in England No. 3642372, Registered Office, Nile Street, Burslem, Stoke-On-Trent, ST6 2BA, United Kingdom. Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under firm reference number 308213, you can check this on the Financial Services Register by visiting the FCAs website www.fca.org.uk or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6798. Autonet Insurance Group is a trading name of Autonet Insurance Services Ltd.