Contents Insurance Menu >

Call for a quote on 0800 064 8424

You are here:   >   UIA Mutual Insurance   >   Contents Insurance

Contents InsuranceContents Insurance

Get a Quote Get a quote

Don't settle for second best

There are few things worse than having your precious possessions lost, damaged or stolen.

Our contents insurance policy covers a wide range of likely causes of damage to or loss of your possessions at home including theft, flood, and fire.

UIA Mutual's generous home contents insurance includes cover for all the things that make up a modern household - in effect it includes all the possessions you would normally take with you when you move house.

Get a home contents insurance quote today from UIA Mutual!

Contents Insurance includes cover for:

  • Your furniture
  • Home computer and home entertainment equipment including automatic cover for accidental damage
  • CDs and DVDs
  • Valuables and clothing in the home
  • Personal belongings (including those of any visitors)
  • Accidental breakage of glass in mirrors and furniture
  • Food spoiled by freezer failure because of, for example, an unexpected power cut (£1000 max)
  • Fitting and replacement of door locks where the keys have been stolen (£750 max)
  • Contents while in the garden (£500 max)
  • Public and personal liability up to £5,000,000

To find out more about our Flexi and Signature Policies, including what is and what isn't covered and information about payments, please read below:

UIA Mutual Flexi Home Insurance Product Information Document (IPID)

UIA Mutual Signature Home Insurance Product Information Document (IPID)

If an item needs to be replaced as part of a valid claim, we will pay for the full replacement cost less any excess (except for clothing and household linen where a deduction for wear and tear will be made). With many goods, such as electrical appliances, we will save you time and trouble by arranging for the replacement item to be delivered straight to your door.

For an additional premium we can provide extra cover for:

  • Accidental damage to your home contents**
  • Your personal belongings away from the home, anywhere in the UK and Europe and up to 30 days worldwide
  • Personal belongings and baggage, up to a maximum of £2,500 per item, pair or set (depending on whether you select the £2,000 or £5,000 value limit)
  • Sports and camping equipment, up to a maximum of £2,500 per item, pair or set (if you select the higher of the two value limits)
  • Money and credit cards, up to £500
  • Pedal cycles away from the home, up to £1,000 each, maximum of three
  • Legal expenses and identity theft cover**
  • Home Emergency Cover**

Optional add-on. Pedal cycles away from the home:

  • We’ll cover your cycle if it’s lost, stolen or damaged
  • Insure up to three cycles away from the home online, each worth up to £1,000
  • New for old replacement - a new cycle can be delivered to your home in the event of a claim
  • Only insure your cycle and accessories for their specific replacement costs – don’t pay for extra cover

Call us on 01438 761 776 to add cycle cover to your policy

Get a home contents insurance quote today from UIA Mutual!

CWU, FBU, GMB, NASUWT, RMT, UNISON, UNITE, USDAW, Ramblers' Association, BFAWU, and NAPO are Introducer Appointed Representatives of UIA (Insurance) Ltd and UIA (Insurance Services) Ltd. UIA Mutual is a trading name of UIA (Insurance) Ltd. UIA (Insurance) Ltd is a member of the Association of British Insurers and is a registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014. UIA (Insurance) Ltd is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. CWU Insurance, Unite Insurance and Usdaw Insurance are trading names of UIA (Insurance) Ltd and UIA Insurance Services Ltd. Principal Office Address: Kings Court, London Road, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, SG1 2TP