UNISON Home Insurance – Get a Quote

House Insurance Menu >

Call for a quote on 0800 66 88 55

You are here: uia.co.uk   >   UNISON  >   House Insurance

Home InsuranceHouse Insurance

Get a Quote

UNISON members can choose between our Flexi and Signature policies to protect your home.

Why choose us?

  • No administration fees should you amend your policy
  • Accidental Damage to laptops in the home, covered as standard
  • Spread the cost, pay monthly at no extra charge
  • Alternative accommodation for family and pets
  • Automatic £2,500 increase in contents cover during religious festivals

To find out more about our Flexi and Signature Policies, including what is and what isn't covered and information about payments, please read below:

UIA Mutual Flexi Home Insurance Product Information Document (IPID)

UIA Mutual Signature Home Insurance Product Information Document (IPID)

Our Flexi Cover is designed to be flexible, allowing you to choose additional cover should you need it. Our optional extras include:

Home Emergency Cover

If you find yourself in a home emergency, our Home Emergency Cover means we will appoint a suitably qualified contractor to visit your home. We cover the costs (within policy limits) by paying their bills, including parts, labour and call out charges. For more information about what is and what isn't covered under our Home Emergency Cover, please read our Home Emergency Cover Insurance Product Document (IPID)

Watch our videos for more Information regarding our Home Emergency Cover

Legal and Identity Theft Protection

We will cover you and family members living with you, for up to £50,000 should you be involved in a legal action such as boundary and neighbour disputes or contract (employment) disputes, or any claims regarding faulty goods or services. For more information about what is and what isn't covered under our Legal and Identity Theft Protection Cover, please read our Legal and Identity Theft Protection Insurance Product Information Document (IPID)

Watch our videos for more Information regarding our Legal Protection & Identity Theft Cover

Accidental Damage Cover

Find out what accidental damage cover in your home really looks like. Our accidental damage covers accidents and mishaps within your home. We’ll fix or replace your TVs, laptops, mirrors and furniture as standard.

Alternative Accommodation

If the damage to your home means you cannot live in it, we’ll arrange and cover the reasonable cost of comparable alternative accommodation for you, your family and your pets.

Annual Travel

Get annual travel insurance for the whole family for just £25.99 (European travel only). Cover includes you, your partner and your dependent children aged under 18.

For more information about what is and what isn't covered under our annual Household Travel Insurance, please read our Annual Household Travel Insurance Product Information Document (IPID).

If you have a UIA home insurance policy with travel insurance included (a Signature policy) or have opted to add travel insurance cover to your home insurance policy, AND renewed or took a policy out after 17th March 2020, please see our update regarding your travel cover.

Please check our latest update regarding the impact of Brexit on your travel insurance.

Serious Medical Condition?

Do you have a serious medical condition that might benefit from specialist Travel Insurance for people with pre-existing medical conditions?

If so, you can click here to view a directory of specialist providers, or call 0800 138 7777 (lines open Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm).

Signature Cover includes Home Emergency Cover, Legal and Identity Theft Protection and Annual Travel Cover as standard.

If you’re looking for either Buildings Insurance or Contents Insurance only, we offer great cover and optional extras.

Home Insurance – UNISON