Your house is almost certainly your single most important asset.
Make sure it's protected by someone you trust.
We provide Unite members with essential home insurance for the really important things in life. We offer separate home contents and buildings insurance at really good prices and, for even better value, home insurance cover that combines the two.
Buildings insurance for Unite members
Get the peace of mind that protection brings. Our buildings insurance policies offer generous limits as standard.
- Up to £5,000,000 for your legal liability as owner of the property
- Cover for accidental damage to underground pipes and cables supplying services to your home
- Cover for flood damage
- The cost of rebuilding or repairs including architects' and surveyors' fees
- The cost of alternative accommodation should your home become uninhabitable as a result of an insured event
- Protection for fixtures and fittings such as kitchen units which have been damaged as the result of an insured event
- Full protection when your home is unoccupied for up to 60 consecutive days, for example if you go on a long holiday
- Cover for structure and external property, including walls, hedges, fences, drives, paths, patios, outbuildings, swimming pools and tennis courts (excludes storm damage to hedges, gates and fences).
We offer two levels of Home Insurance cover, please read the following policy summaries for their key benefits and exclusions.
Unite Insurance Flexi Home Insurance Policy Summary
Unite Insurance Signature Home Insurance Policy Summary
Optional extras for Flexi Home Insurance policies
With Unite Insurance Flexi Home Insurance, you can add cover to suit your particular circumstances. You can upgrade your home buildings insurance to include cover against accidental damage, for example if you put your foot through the ceiling. You can also upgrade your home buildings insurance to include Home Emergency Cover.