Your house is almost certainly your single most important asset.
Make sure it's protected by someone you trust.
We provide essential home insurance for the really important things in life, tailoring our policies to meet your needs. We offer separate contents and buildings insurance at really good prices and, for even better value, home insurance that combines the two.
Fast, efficient claims service
Our claims service is run by experienced, helpful, claims handlers. You can make a claim over the phone, with no forms to fill in 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If your mortgage lender charges you for switching your buildings insurance to us before the renewal date, we will reimburse you up to £50.
Get the peace of mind that protection brings. Our buildings insurance policies offer generous limits as standard.
Our cover includes:
- Up to £5,000,000 for your legal liability as owner of the property
- Cover for accidental damage to underground pipes and cables supplying services to your home
- Cover for flood damage
- The cost of rebuilding or repairs including architects' and surveyors' fees
- The cost of alternative accommodation should your home become uninhabitable as a result of an insured event
- Protection for fixtures and fittings such as kitchen units which have been damaged as the result of an insured event
- Full protection when your home is unoccupied for up to 60 consecutive days, for example if you go on a long holiday
- Cover for structure and external property, including walls, hedges, fences, drives, paths, patios, outbuildings, swimming pools and tennis courts (excludes storm damage to hedges, gates and fences).
To find out more about our Flexi and Signature Policies, including what is and what isn't covered and information about payments, please read below:
Optional extras for Flexi Home Insurance policies
With UIA Mutual Flexi Home Insurance, you can add cover to suit your particular circumstances. You can upgrade your home buildings insurance to include cover against accidental damage, for example if you put your foot through the ceiling or if you drill through a pipe. You can also upgrade your home buildings insurance to include home emergency cover.