Don't settle for second best
There are few things worse than having your precious possessions lost, damaged or stolen.
Our contents insurance policy covers a wide range of likely causes of damage to or loss of your possessions at home including theft, flood, and fire.
UIA Mutual's generous home contents insurance includes cover for all the things that make up a modern household - in effect it includes all the possessions you would normally take with you when you move house.
Contents Insurance cover includes:
- Your furniture
- Home computer and home entertainment equipment including automatic cover for accidental damage
- CDs and DVDs
- Valuables and clothing in the home
- Personal belongings (including those of any visitors)
- Accidental breakage of glass in mirrors and furniture
- Food spoiled by freezer failure because of, for example, an unexpected power cut
- Fitting and replacement of door locks where the keys have been stolen
- Contents while in the garden
- Public and personal liability up to £5,000,000
To find out more about our Flexi and Signature Policies, including what is and what isn't covered and information about payments, please read below:
If an item needs to be replaced as part of a valid claim, we will pay for the full replacement cost less any excess (except for clothing and household linen where a deduction for wear and tear will be made). With many goods, such as electrical appliances, we will save you time and trouble by arranging for the replacement item to be delivered straight to your door.
For an additional premium we can provide extra cover for:
- Accidental damage to your home contents**
- Your personal belongings away from the home, anywhere in the UK and Europe and up to 30 days worldwide
- Personal belongings and baggage
- Sports and camping equipment
- Money and credit cards
- Pedal cycles away from the home, up to £1,000 each, maximum of three
- Legal expenses and identity theft cover**
- Home Emergency Cover**
Options marked ** are covered as standard by our Signature Home Insurance policy.